The pregnancy test should be safe and reliable, but what is the best pregnancy test?
There are different types, with basic or more comprehensive information. We explain it to you and we detail the main brands that you can find in the market.
It is very practical and used by most women when they suspect they may be waiting for a baby. Pregnancy tests can be purchased at any pharmacy and are shaped like a rod, with an appearance very similar to that of a thermometer.
But how does the test detect that you are pregnant? In a very simple way: the objective of this method is to look for the presence of the hCG hormone or human chorionic gonadotropin, which is found only in the body of pregnant women since it is related to the formation of the placenta. This hormone can be easily detected in the urine, especially in the first urine of the day, in which its highest concentration accumulates. So, if you take the test and it is positive, you have the hCG hormone in your urine and therefore you are pregnant. If it is negative, you are not.
(You are interested: Pregnancy test: how and when to do it )
How many types of pregnancy tests are there?
If you suspect that you may have become pregnant, there are two ways to find out: through a blood test or the urine test mentioned above. Urinalysis is the most used since any of us can do it comfortably at home, quietly and with maximum privacy. Instead, for the blood test, it is necessary to see a doctor.
Within the urine tests, there are two subgroups: those that confirm whether you are pregnant or not and those that, also, in case of a positive result, specify how many weeks you are. Both tests follow the same procedure, but the last ones, being more precise and giving more information, are more expensive. Depending on the brand and the type of test in question, prices range between € 7 and € 15.
(You are interested: What is the effectiveness of the pregnancy test? )
What is the best pregnancy test: the brands
Pregnancy tests that analyze urine can be purchased at any pharmacy, without a leaflet and are usually sold individually. There are several brands of pregnancy test and it is difficult to specify which is the best, since it will depend on the needs of each woman and what information she intends to obtain with the test: if it is enough to simply know if she is pregnant or if she wants to specify how many weeks, etc. Next, we detail the main pregnancy test markers that you can find in the market.
It detects pregnancy up to six days before the first lack of the period and offers an unequivocal result, with an accuracy of more than 76%, if the level of hCG present in the urine is equal to or greater than 10ml and greater than 99% if performed from the day the rule is expected. Easy to use, there is currently the digital version of the product, with a visible result in three minutes of waiting.
Ergonomically designed and easy to use, it can be done from the estimated start date of the period. This pregnancy test is very hygienic since it has a long and curved handle and has a wide tip so that urine samples are easy to collect. Also, change color from white to pink to indicate that the sample has been taken correctly. This test allows the test to be performed up to five days before the absence of the rule occurs and offers the results in a minute with positive (+) or negative (-) signs.
A quick and simple test that can be used at any time of the day, with great reliability. Its result is certain even from the first day of the lack of menstruation. It contains a very detailed leaflet.
Ergonomically designed and very intuitive to use, it incorporates the latest technological advances to detect the hCG hormone in a simple step from the first day of delay of the period. It has reliability greater than 99%.
Safe and somewhat cheaper pregnancy test. This is a high sensitivity test that allows you to read the test result from four days before the date scheduled for the start of the period. The results are obtained in five minutes.
Pregnancy without symptoms
Some women have no symptoms during pregnancy, which takes them to discover they are waiting for a baby.
How is pregnancy without symptoms? Can it be a cause for concern? We solve your doubts!
Although it may be difficult to believe,
some women do not realize that they are pregnant until the second trimester or even the third. The reason? They have no symptoms of pregnancy that alert them. In a way, the fact of not having pregnancy symptoms can be considered an advantage, since there are no typical discomforts of pregnancy such as nausea, back pain or frequent urination, among others. However, it can also be a disadvantage since knowing that pregnancy involves neglecting prenatal care, such as gynecological tests or taking certain prenatal vitamins.
(You are interested: Care during pregnancy: the first semester )
How is pregnancy without symptoms
Every pregnancy, like every woman, is a world and how it is lived and experienced can vary greatly. In cases where the future mother has no symptoms of pregnancy, exactly what happens?
- Do not suffer from dizziness: dizziness during pregnancy is not as common as it is believed since many women do not feel dizzy during pregnancy. In the case of pregnancy without symptoms, this typical discomfort at the beginning of pregnancy does not occur.
- She does not suffer from vomiting or nausea: some future moms begin to suspect that they are pregnant when they feel nauseous, usually morning, shortly after becoming pregnant. Some, also, get to suffer vomiting. These symptoms of pregnancy, annoying and unpleasant, do not occur in an asymptomatic pregnancy.
- He does not feel abdominal pain: abdominal pains are very frequent at the beginning of pregnancy. These are symptoms that are often confused with those of menstruation: discomfort in the area of the ovaries, back and kidney pain, swelling sensation … It is possible that in pregnancy without symptoms these abdominal pains take place at the beginning, but that the future mom confuses them with ovulation or menstruation.
- You do not notice an increase in breasts: something also very common when becoming pregnant is to notice that the breasts increase in size. However, this symptom may go unnoticed or simply not occur.
Apart from these symptoms, frequent urination, fatigue and drowsiness or the sensation of pressure in the hip are other symptoms of pregnancy that do not occur in an asymptomatic pregnancy.
(You are interested: Typical symptoms of the onset of pregnancy )
Menstruation and growth of the belly
Beyond the typical symptoms of the onset of pregnancy, which may not have and, therefore, take longer to know the pregnancy, there are other more obvious symptoms: the absence of menstruation or amenorrhea and the growth of the belly.
Absence of menstruation
Amenorrhea is one of the first clear symptoms of pregnancy, which leads the future mother to have a test or test to find out if she is pregnant. Normally, if the woman has regular menstrual cycles, she notices the lack of the period. However, if the cycles are irregular, the situation changes completely. Some women can spend months without having menstruation (for different reasons, such as having polycystic ovaries or cysts), which could lead them to miss the pregnancy despite the absence of the period. It can also happen that, during the first trimester of pregnancy there are small bleeds that can be confused with menstruation.
The gradual growth of the belly is the clearest evidence of pregnancy. Until the fifth month of pregnancy, the growth of the belly may go unnoticed, but thereafter it is very evident. So how do you explain the cases of women who reach the end of their pregnancy without knowing that they expect a baby? They are exceptional cases, which usually occur in very obese women who, in case of having pregnancy symptoms, can confuse them with stomach problems.
When the first symptoms of pregnancy appear
Do you doubt if you are pregnant?
Do you notice any changes in your body and are not sure if they are due to a pregnancy? We explain when the first symptoms of pregnancy appear and which are the most common. Get out of doubt!
If you are looking for pregnancy or think you may have become pregnant, you may be wondering from when you can begin to notice the first symptoms of pregnancy. Each woman is different and the signs of pregnancy are different in each of them. You have already decided that you are at the ideal age of the pregnancy, you have become pregnant and … do you already notice the first symptoms? While some future moms say they have begun to notice the first symptoms within a few weeks of pregnancy, others take longer. On the other hand, some of the symptoms of pregnancy are not exclusive to pregnancy. For example, swelling may be a symptom of pregnancy but it can also be a symptom of ovulation.
The most common is that the first symptoms of pregnancy appear when at least 12 days have passed since conception; which would be equivalent to about two weeks after having sex. Some women believe that they begin to notice the first symptoms of pregnancy from the first day of conception, but that is rare and usually take longer to appear. Attention: if you had a baby relatively recently and you are still breastfeeding, you should know that you can also get pregnant if you do not use the appropriate contraceptives.
(Interested in: Breastfeeding contraceptives )
(You are interested: Pregnancy symptoms: how do you know if you are waiting? )
When the first symptoms of pregnancy begin to be noticed
It is not the most common, but some women begin to notice the first symptoms of pregnancy already in the first week of pregnancy. Others notice them from the second or third week and, on the other hand, some do not undergo any change until the first month of pregnancy. And is that every woman is a world, so if you are looking for pregnancy and do not notice any symptoms, do not be alarmed. You may be pregnant equally.
The best thing, to get out of doubt, is, first and if you are regular with the menstrual cycle, wait to see if your period comes when you play. Normally, the first thing that indicates pregnancy is the absence of menstruation. But to be sure if you are pregnant or not, it is advisable to have a pregnancy test. If it is done at the right time, it is the most reliable test to know if you are waiting for a baby.
(You are interested: Pregnancy test: when and how to do it? )
What are the earliest symptoms of pregnancy
Although not usually happens to many women, some experience mild vaginal bleeding approximately 10 days after having sex. This bleeding, pink or light brown, usually disappears in a couple or three days and, although it can be confused with menstruation, is called implantation bleeding, which occurs as a result of implantation of the fertilized egg in the uterus. This could be the first symptom of pregnancy in some women.
(You are interested: What is implantation bleeding? )
On a physical level, one of the most frequent symptoms of pregnancy is the increase in breast tenderness, with changes in the areolas surrounding the nipples and progressive enlargement of the breasts. Another symptom that usually occurs during the first weeks of pregnancy is the increase in resting body temperature and the appearance of fatigue that causes a feeling of not having slept enough.
Other symptoms of pregnancy, such as the sharpening of the sense of smell, nausea or dizziness, usually appear at the end of the first month of pregnancy, although in some women they get ahead.
Symptoms of pregnancy: how to know if you are pregnant
Are you looking for ‘pregnancy symptoms’ and want to know what are the first symptoms of pregnancy?
In this article, we explain what are the most frequent pregnancy symptoms so you can know if you are pregnant or not.
How do I know if I’m pregnant?
The first symptoms of pregnancy are very important to give you clues about whether you are pregnant when you have the suspicion and the pregnancy test has not yet confirmed it. If you want to find out as soon as possible if you have become pregnant, pay attention to these first symptoms of pregnancy.
(You are interested: all about the signs and symptoms of pregnancy )
Most frequent pregnancy symptoms
- Delay of menstruation. If your menstrual cycle is regular and suddenly delayed, you must be vigilant. It may be a simple unimportant delay, but it could also be the first symptom of pregnancy.
- Hormonal changes, which can occur in the most diverse ways, from mood swings to underarm spots, nothing less.
- Small blood loss. Some women get some blood out of the vagina about twelve days after they conceived. It is not known for sure what is the reason for this slight loss of blood, but it could be due to the implantation of the fertilized egg inside the uterus. If this happens, you should consult with the gynecologist.
- You want to urinate frequently. After six weeks of pregnancy, you may begin to feel like urinating more frequently. It is also one of the most frequent pregnancy symptoms. The main reason is that, during pregnancy, the amount of blood and fluids that circulate through the body increases and the kidneys work harder.
- Abdominal swelling. Another of the symptoms of pregnancy are the hormonal changes that take place at the beginning of pregnancy can make you feel bloated, in a similar way to the days before the arrival of the period.
- Tension and pain in the breasts. The breasts can swell, increase in size and show a special sensitivity, because of the increase in progesterone and estrogen. This pregnancy symptom manifests within a few days after conception. However, swelling of the breasts can be a symptom of menstruation, about to arrive, instead of a sign of pregnancy.
- Nausea and vomiting. In most cases, the nausea of pregnancy does not begin until one month after having conceived, although you may feel them earlier. Nausea and vomiting typical of pregnancy can occur at any time of the day and are a clear symptom of pregnancy.
- Aversion to some odors and flavors. When you get pregnant, certain smells may disgust you and even make you nauseous. It may be due to the rapid increase in estrogen levels in the body. The same can happen with food: things that you loved before and that now produce rejection. There may also be an alteration of the perception of flavors and abundant salivation. These pregnancy symptoms will manifest between the second and eighth weeks of conception.
- Tiredness and sleepiness. At the beginning of pregnancy, fatigue usually occurs, possibly due to an increase in the levels of the hormone progesterone. During the second trimester of pregnancy, the energy is recovered and at the end of the gestation state, the fatigue reappears.
- Increase in body temperature l. Although, this change may be due to cold or other disorders of this type.
- Constipation. The high concentration of progesterone, responsible for the relaxation of muscle tone, also causes a slowdown in bowel activity. And then, constipation appears, other of the most frequent pregnancy symptoms. To counteract it, it is advisable to drink a lot, eat a good amount of fruit and vegetables and make some movement: even simple and regular walks are enough to stimulate intestinal activity.
Little known symptoms of pregnancy
- Nasal swelling Although it may seem a lie, not only do the breasts and ankles increase in size during pregnancy, but also areas such as lips or nose can do so. The reason is the retention of liquids that occurs during pregnancy, especially in the last trimester.
- Itchy hands and feet. The intense itching that appears on hands and feet, called cholestasis of pregnancy, is a very annoying disorder that appears at night, especially during the last stage of pregnancy. It is something that happens to a few pregnant women and the causes are unknown. It is believed to be due to genetic, hormonal and environmental factors.
- Tingling or weakness in the hands. Tingling or weakness in the hands, called carpal tunnel syndrome, occurs due to compression of the median nerve in the carpal tunnel, located in the wrists, and manifests with alterations in the sensitivity of the hands. It is more likely to manifest itself in the third trimester and tends to disappear after delivery.
- Cramps and movement of the legs when sleeping. Rest badly, feel leg cramps and move them a lot at night are three consequences of restless legs syndrome. The main cause that causes this discomfort during pregnancy is anemia, which many women suffer for the first time during pregnancy. It is important to consult this condition with the doctor since he will probably prescribe iron supplements to the future mother.
- You cyst in the gums. During the first trimester of pregnancy, benign tumors or epulis may appear on the gums, due to hormonal changes. It is not very common, and although it usually disappears after childbirth, in some cases they must be surgically removed.
- Increased myopia If you are nearsighted, you may be a little more during pregnancy. It is one more effect of the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy and that can cause that during pregnancy, even if you have a completely healthy sight, you can see blurry or some stain.
- Acne. Hormonal changes can also cause a pregnant woman to get acne-like when she was a teenager. This acne does not have to appear on the face, it may occur, for example, in the back. It is advisable to contact the gynecologist to apply a treatment to follow.
- Snot, many boogers. The presence of many mucous during pregnancy is called rhinitis of pregnancy and usually appears in the first trimester. What rhinitis does is that it seems that you are constipated or suffering from some kind of allergy. Constant cough, sneezing, congestion, nasal itching, and even migraines are some of the symptoms.
- Snoring. Nasal congestion, weight gain, and sleeping posture can cause snoring during pregnancy. Up to 30% of pregnant women snore during pregnancy, especially in the second and third trimesters.
- Nosebleeds Although not very frequent, during pregnancy some pregnant women occasionally bleed from the nose. This is because the blood clotting is disturbed, the blood vessels in the nose do not drain well and bleeding occurs.
When and how to do the pregnancy test
Beyond the symptoms of pregnancy, to have a truthful confirmation of the state of pregnancy it is not necessary to resort to the old frog test, but it is necessary to do a pregnancy test. The tests, which can be purchased at the pharmacy, contain an agent that stains blue or pink when it comes into contact with the hCG hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin, present in the woman’s urine. These tests are effective two weeks after conception, but, to reduce the risk of false negatives, it is advisable to wait a week for delayed menstruation before buying the product and taking the test. In the market, there are also more advanced tests that indicate, even, how many weeks the woman is pregnant.
If the result is not clear, the blood test of beta hCG can be used, which allows measuring the concentration of human chorionic gonadotropin in the maternal organism, or rather, of one of its fractions, beta. The blood test, repeated two or more times in the first weeks of pregnancy, also allows you to assess the increase in the hormone concentration and check that the pregnancy is progressing correctly.
7 natural ways to overcome erectile dysfunction
5 reasons why sex is better after 50
Weight loss after pregnancy: Reclaiming your body
Swollen and sensitive nipples in pregnancy: causes and remedies
7 unusual and early signs of pregnancy Symptoms
Being a single mother
During Pregnancy7 months ago
Swollen and sensitive nipples in pregnancy: causes and remedies
Pregnancy Symptoms7 months ago
7 unusual and early signs of pregnancy Symptoms
Couple and pregnancy7 months ago
Being a single mother
Couple and pregnancy7 months ago
9 months to become … father!
Couple and pregnancy7 months ago
How does dad live the pregnancy
Third trimester7 months ago
All about Braxton Hicks contractions
Healthy Pregnancy4 months ago
Kidney Stones in Pregnancy: Symptoms & Treatment
Psychology In Pregnancy7 months ago
Do you know Couvade syndrome? When the future dad feels “pregnant”